Price: ₹ 399.00
(as of Jun 15,2021 10:26:35 UTC – Details)
• Every chapter begins with an analytical survey of India’s diplomatic background and covers multidimensional diplomatic policies of India up to present times
• The book has three highlights given in boxes –
1. Deconstructing – breaking down a parameter that requires conceptual understanding
2. concepts – small text boxes present in each chapter to explain terms used in the chapter
3. case studies – in-depth investigation of key events
• comprehensively covers the analysis of core issues like Ladakh Standoff, Abrogation of Article 370, India’s Necklace of Diamonds Approach, Indo-Pacific, Quad, etc.
• Includes 100 plus diagrams and thought-provoking 50 plus case studies to enhance overall understanding
• Keywords highlighted in every chapter for easy retention and revision
• A detailed approach on how to write answers with one solved model answer for each section
From the Publisher
This book on International Relations needs no introduction. It is one of the most famous and comprehensive books on the subject and has been a consistent bestseller since its first edition. It is a one-stop reference for the Civil Services aspirants appearing for the Civil Services examinations as well as the other State Services examinations. It is conceived to cater to the requirements of not just students appearing for competitive examinations but also general readers who are interested in India’s foreign policy and diplomacy with the world.
Analytical, lucid and illuminating, the book is an unmatched insight into the intellectual heft of foreign policy decision-making by one of India’s most formidable teacher of International Relations who has actively engaged in teaching foreign policy to one lakh plus students in his career till date. The year of 2020 and the coronavirus pandemic have seen a real transformation of the world order and the very nature of international relations and its rules have changed. For India, a global footprint is now in the making that leverages India’s greater capability and relevance, as well as its unique diaspora. This era of global upheaval entails greater expectations from India, putting it on the path to becoming a leading power.
This textbook presents an innovative, high profile volume, providing an authoritative and accessible examination of Indian foreign policy. It analyses these challenges and spells out possible policy responses for India’s engagement with the world. Using a multilevel analytical framework to organize each chapter, the book provides a comprehensive survey of India’s relations with the world. This volume intends to bring together new cutting-edge research in the field of Indian foreign policy, both at the theoretical and empirical level, so as to shape the discourse on the foreign policy of one of the most important players in global politics, Bharat.